Frequently Asked Questions
- Always trim the wick at least ¼ inch on your new candle.
- Keep away from draughts open windows.
- Never leave a candle too near an open fire or direct heat from a radiator orintense sunshine in a window.
- Neverburn a candle for more than 3 hours at a time.
- You must blow it out. Let it cool then trim the wick. This allows for a lovely even burn.
- It goes without saying NEVER leave any candles unattended.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down.
- For safety measures, stop burning a candle when there is ¼ inch of wax left in the vessel.
- Never touch or move a burning candle.
- Never move a candle container when the wax is liquified.
- If burning multiple candles, place each candle at least three inches apart from one another. This is to ensure they don’t melt one another, or create their own drafts.
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly.Before re-lighting, let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle, if available, as it’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
- Do not use water to extinguish a candle, this can cause the hot wax to splatter and could break a glass container.
- Before leaving the room, make sure your candle is completely out and there is no glow coming from the wick ember.
- Do not touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
- The perfect fragrance alternative to a candle for a scent that remains all day.
- Diffusers are fantastic for bathrooms, hallways and rooms that you can leave unattended. But how long do reed diffusers last.
How do they work and how can you make the scent carry as long as possible?
Essentially, the porous reeds soak up the oil, diffusing the aroma throughout a space. The more reeds you slip into the bottle of oil, the stronger the fragrance. And when they begin to lose their scent, simply flip the reeds to reverse the oil flow.
Typically 100ml diffuser should last 4-6 weeks. Or larger bottles will last 2-3 times longer.
For best throw turn the reeds once every week
Reduce the Number of Reeds
When you want a stronger fragrance, you add more reeds! However, this will make the oil absorb faster. So, it’s safe to say reducing your reed count will cause the oil to diffuse at a slower rate, too, although it may not be as strong and might require flipping more often.
Flip the Reeds Less
If you want to make a diffuser last longer, flip the reeds less frequently. Along the same lines as reducing the number of reeds, it may make your oil diffuser less fragrant after time, but it does help!
Place Your Reed Diffusers in a Good Location
For maximum scent, place your reed diffuser in a proper location, ideally one with good air circulation that allows the scent to move about. This could be a space like a hallway, kitchen or bathroom. However, when it comes to choosing a proper location, there are some spots to avoid. Another trick to ensure your reed diffuser lasts longer? Keep it away from sunlit areas like along a windowsill or above a heater which can dry out and evaporate the oil and reeds quicker. Instead, find a shaded, cool space.
Another tip to preserving your reed diffuser is to place it away from drafty spaces where the fragrance will ultimately get lost.
Whether it’s an exterior door or near an air conditioning unit, the scent can escape without doing its job by creating a welcoming scent in your home. If you choose to place the cap back on your bottle, saving the precious oil as long as possible, it’s best to replace the reeds when you open it up again. It’s not recommended to reuse reed diffusers because, after time, they become clogged and simply don’t work as well as they once did. In the same vein, never, ever use the reeds in another scent, as it can mingle oils and potentially give off unpleasant results
No all our chocolate is vegan. As these items are made in a factory that produces dairy products they may contain traces. Do not consume if you have a dairy allergy
Yes, all certified organic.
We currently use as much organic ingredients in our skincare as possible. Our intention is to move to 100% organic asap.